Everyone wants a perfect and attractive smile that reveals their pearly white teeth. However, certain habits such as smoking, too much alcohol, lots of caffeine or sugar, can actually harm your teeth and cause problems such as dental plaque.
The plaque is formed when bacteria in the oral cavity mixes with food byproducts and proteins which coats the teeth and sticks to fillings. Fortunately, a good oral hygiene can be of great help in preventing tooth decay, gum diseases, and even bad breath. In addition, taking a proper care of your mouth helps to protect your teeth in your later years.
Colorless and difficult to see, plaque can build up quickly without your knowledge. In order to prevent such this issue here are few tips:
- Brush your teeth twice per day using a soft-bristled toothbrush.
- If you desire you can also use electric and battery-operated toothbrushes.
- Hold the toothbrush at a slight angle, toward the area when the tooth meets the gum line. Brush the chewing surfaces, inside and outside of the teeth, and the tongue.
- Rinse your toothbrush well and don’t cover it, in order to prevent bacteria buildup.
- Replace the toothbrush every 3-4 months, which is usually when the bristles become frayed.
Here are 4 mixtures that completely remove plaque from your teeth:
Mix 7 tablespoons of coconut oil with the same amount of baking soda. Then, add a few drops of essential oil from your choice and 1&½ tablespoons of stevia to make the natural paste. Lastly, use this mixture instead your store-bought toothpaste.
Swish a few tablespoons of coconut oil in the mouth and allow the substance to melt for 15-20 minutes. Thus, fights bacteria, cleans the mouth’s orifices, prevents cavities, and whitens the teeth.
In a glass of water, add a few drops of each of the following: anise, mint oil, and lemon. Rinse 4-5 times daily.
Boil 2 cups of water, add ½ cup rosemary, and 1 cup of fresh mint. Leave the mix for about 15 minutes, and then drain. When the mix is cool, rinse your mouth thoroughly.