Breakfast is the most important meal of the day, it helps increase satiety, reduce daily calorie intake, improve your energy, and more. Therefore, consuming healthy breakfast is crucial for your health and well-being. In fact, this complex carbohydrate oatmeal is a perfect source of nutrition and has numerous health benefits.
In addition, the American Society for Clinical Nutrition discovered that 97% of the nutrients found in oatmeal are incredibly healthy. The nutrient composition of oatmeal is well-balanced, they are rich in carbs and fiber, as well as the potent beta-glucan, and contain more protein and fat than most grains.
Bellow are the nutrition facts from half a cup of dry oats:
- 303 calories
- 13 grams of protein
- 51 grams of carbs
- 8 grams of fiber
- 5 grams of fat
- Manganese: 191% of the RDI
- Phosphorus: 41% of the RDI
- Vitamin B1 (thiamin): 39% of the RDI
- Magnesium: 34% of the RDI
- Copper: 24% of the RDI
- Zinc: 20% of the RDI
- Iron: 20% of the RDI
- Vitamin B5 (pantothenic acid): 10% of the RDI
- Folate: 11% of the RDI
Here are the amazing health benefits you will get, if you eat oatmeal every day:
- Oatmeal is abundant in soluble fiber which promotes the sugar to be released into the bloodstream which, positively affects insulin levels, glycemic control, and lipid profiles
- Oatmeal provides a well-balanced nutritional composition of potassium, calcium, and fiber. Thus, reduces high blood pressure, prevents coronary heart disease, and improves heart health.
- The oatmeal high protein content is an excellent source of energy.
- This breakfast also helps digestion, treats gastrointestinal problems, and promotes satiety.
- Daily consumption of oatmeal also improves the metabolism and accelerates the weight loss process. Due to the presence of beta-glucan, which raises cholecystokinin levels, a hunger-fighting hormone that suppresses appetite
- Lastly, oatmeal lowers the risk of cancer, as well as reducing the risk of cardiovascular disease.
Most types of oatmeal offer similar properties, but make sure to choose organic ones. Also, make sure you check the nutritional facts before you buy your oats. Then, simply add it to your yogurt, smoothies, or milk, and eat oatmeal every day. Enjoy!